HomeWorker tries to log enough activity to give the employer enough information to ensure that the employee is doing company work, and stays focused throughout the work period. Every entry is time stamped and maintained in chronological order.
There are several internal timers that monitor and record the following:
- Elapsed work period time.
- Periods of activity where the computer is in use.
- Periods of inactivity or "idle" time.
- Break time totals for the work period.
In addition, it also records the following activities.
- All programs the user runs.
- The window title of the program.
- Websites visited.
- Document titles.
- User generated notes.
- Whenever the user switches from one program to another.
- * The name of the currently focused (active) window.
- Break start times, end times, and elapsed times.
- Statistics totals updated every 5 minutes.
At the end of the work period HomeWorker will total up and record how much time was spent on what.
* Recording the focused window can be very useful. For example, let's say a user was in a ZOOM meeting. You can see them, but you don't know if they are paying attention. They might be checking Twitter or Instagram. HomeWorker will record this and you can see if they are being distracted by other activities.